The 2023 Home Run Derby has already happened. It was held on Monday, July 11, 2023, at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington. The winner was Vladimir Guerrero Jr. of the Toronto Blue Jays, who defeated Randy Arozarena of the Tampa Bay Rays in the final round.
Here are some of the other highlights from the Home Run Derby:
* Julio Rodríguez of the Seattle Mariners set a single-round record with 41 home runs in the first round.
* Pete Alonso of the New York Mets became the first player to hit 30 home runs in a single round.
* Adley Rutschman of the Baltimore Orioles became the first catcher to participate in the Home Run Derby since Russell Martin in 2011.
The Home Run Derby is always a fun and exciting event, and the 2023 edition was no exception. Congratulations to Vladimir Guerrero Jr. on his victory!
Here are some of the current predictions for the 2024 Home Run Derby:
* Pete Alonso is the favorite to win, with odds of +300.
* Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is the second favorite, with odds of +450.
* Yordan Alvarez is the third favorite, with odds of +500.
* Aaron Judge is the fourth favorite, with odds of +600.
* Shohei Ohtani is the fifth favorite, with odds of +700.
These are just the predictions, though. Anything can happen on the night of the Home Run Derby, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.