1. Jalen Hurts’s development as a quarterback: Hurts showed flashes of potential in his first two seasons, but he also had some major flaws in his game. He needs to improve his accuracy and decision-making if he wants to be a successful NFL quarterback.
2. A lack of playmakers on offense: The Eagles don’t have a lot of proven playmakers on offense. DeVonta Smith is a talented receiver, but he’s still a rookie. Miles Sanders is a good running back, but he needs to stay healthy. The Eagles need more weapons for Hurts to succeed.
3. A tough schedule: The Eagles play in a tough division with the Cowboys, Giants, and Commanders. They also have a tough non-division schedule that includes games against the Chiefs, Bills, and Rams.
4. Injuries: The Eagles have been one of the most injured teams in the NFL in recent years. They need to stay healthy if they want to be competitive.
5. A young roster: The Eagles have a young roster with a lot of potential, but they also have a lot of inexperience. They need to learn how to win in the NFL.
6. A new head coach: Nick Sirianni is in his second season as head coach of the Eagles. He has a lot of potential, but he’s still a relatively inexperienced coach.
7. A new offensive coordinator: Shane Steichen is in his first season as offensive coordinator of the Eagles. He has a lot of experience as a quarterbacks coach, but he’s never been an offensive coordinator before.
8. A lack of continuity: The Eagles have had a lot of turnover in recent years. They’ve had three different head coaches in the last four seasons. They need to find some stability if they want to be successful.
9. The NFC East is getting better: The Cowboys, Giants, and Commanders are all all getting better. The Eagles will have to play their best football if they want to win the division.
10. The Eagles are due for some bad luck: The Eagles have had a lot of good luck in recent years. They need to prepare for some bad luck in 2023.
Of course, these are just 10 reasons why the Eagles could be a dumpster fire this season. There are many other factors that could contribute to a losing season. However, if the Eagles can avoid some of these pitfalls, they have the potential to be a playoff team.