The first round of the 2023 uS open was full of surprises with two players setting course records and some titans struggling. round 2 will be very important for players in the bubble as the cut is made with scores below 60 and a tie.
Here are the players to watch for in Round 2.
* Zalatoris Will: Zalatoris is one of the most popular players on the PGA tour, currently tied for the lead with a 64 round 1. he’ll build on his strong start and look for his first major win.
* Colin Morikawa: Morikawa is another young player in contention after scoring 67 points in the first round. he is a two time major champion and has more to add to his trophy case.
* Jon Rahm: Rahm is the defending champion and is currently in great shape shooting a 68 in the first round. he defends his title and becomes the first player since brooks koepka in 2018-19 to win back to back us opens.
It is clear that the second round of the 2023 us open will be exciting, But the focus is on who can take the opportunity to challenge for the championship.
Other things to note about round 2:
*Weather: Friday is expected to be warm and sunny, Making the course more challenging.
* Greens: Greens were very receptive in the first round and could be even more so in the second if the weather cooperates.
* Cut: Many players will be fighting for survival on friday as the cut is made at scores below par 60.