NBA’s worst team, Orlando Magic, signs Steve Clifford to record-breaking $100 million deal
The NBA’s worst team, the Orlando Magic, have agreed to a huge record deal with recently fired head coach Steve Clifford. The deal is reportedly worth $100 million over five years, making it the richest contract in NBA history for a head coach.
Clifford was fired by the Charlotte Hornets in April after the team finished with a 23-59 record. He had previously coached the Orlando Magic from 2012 to 2015, leading them to the playoffs in each of his first two seasons.
The Magic are coming off a 22-60 season, their worst record in franchise history. They have not made the playoffs since 2019.
The team’s decision to hire Clifford is a sign that they are serious about rebuilding. Clifford is a well-respected coach with a proven track record of success. He is known for his defensive-minded approach and his ability to get the most out of his players.
The Magic are hoping that Clifford can help them turn things around and become a playoff contender again. They have a young and talented roster, including All-Star center Nikola Vucevic and rising star guard Markelle Fultz.
With Clifford in charge, the Magic believe they have a chance to be competitive in the Eastern Conference. They will be one of the most intriguing teams to watch next season.
Here are some of the reasons why the Magic are willing to give Clifford a huge contract:
* Clifford is a proven winner. He has a winning record in both the regular season and the playoffs.
* Clifford is a good fit for the Magic’s young roster. He is a defensive-minded coach who can help the Magic improve their defense.
* Clifford is a good communicator. He is able to get his message across to his players and get them to buy into his system.
* Clifford is a good motivator. He is able to get the best out of his players and get them to play at a high level.
The Magic are hoping that Clifford can help them turn things around and become a playoff contender again. They have a young and talented roster, and they believe that Clifford is the right coach to lead them to success.
Here are some of the challenges that Clifford will face as the head coach of the Magic:
* The Magic are a rebuilding team. They will need time to develop their young players and become a contender.
* The Magic play in a tough division. The Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, and Toronto Raptors are all expected to be contenders in the Eastern Conference next season.
* The Magic will need to improve their defense. They were one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA last season.
* The Magic will need to find a way to get more scoring from their guards. They were one of the lowest-scoring teams in the NBA last season.
Clifford is a good coach, but he will face some challenges as the head coach of the Magic. He will need to be patient as the team rebuilds, and he will need to find ways to improve their defense and scoring. If he can do those things, the Magic could be a playoff contender in a few years.