Scouting reports on quarterbacks typically involve evaluating a range of physical and mental attributes that are important for the position. These include arm strength, accuracy, mobility, decision-making, leadership, work ethic, and football IQ, among others.
Some of the top quarterbacks in the 2023 NFL Draft class, based on pre-draft evaluations, may include:
1. Sam Howell (University of North Carolina): Howell is a talented quarterback with good arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. He has shown the ability to make big plays downfield and has a high football IQ.
2. Spencer Rattler (University of Oklahoma): Rattler is a dynamic quarterback with a strong arm and excellent mobility. He has shown flashes of brilliance but needs to work on consistency and decision-making.
3. Kedon Slovis (University of Southern California): Slovis is a talented passer with excellent accuracy and a quick release. He has shown the ability to make smart decisions and is a good leader on and off the field.
4. Malik Willis (Liberty University): Willis is a dual-threat quarterback with excellent speed and mobility. He has a strong arm and is capable of making big plays, but needs to work on consistency and decision-making.
5. Matt Corral (University of Mississippi): Corral is a tough, gritty quarterback with good arm strength and mobility. He has shown the ability to make plays both inside and outside the pocket, but needs to work on limiting turnovers.
These are just a few of the top quarterbacks who may be available in the 2023 NFL Draft. As with any draft class, evaluations can change over time based on performance and other factors, so it’s important to keep an eye on pre-draft reports and evaluations as the draft approaches.